A Guest Post by Kate N., of Washington, DC
“[Coffey’s Pleasure Principles] have changed everything about how I think about and treat my body.
I never knew I could make myself feel this good.”
1. My legs are crazy strong and hot.
2. I can do ten push ups in a row.
3. I have an unbelievable butt now.
4. No one is going to look like me, and I’m not going to look like anyone else,
and that’s really OK.
5. Certain foods make me feel like crap, and also just make me want to eat more.
6. Running makes me miserable and sucks but I can run a 5k if I want to. I just choose not to. 🙂
7. I am a badass.
8. Triceps are sexy.
9. So are quads.
10. The shitty committee in my head has gotten quieter, and on the days they are loud I’m learning how to tune them out.
11. I am learning what my body needs and doesn’t need and whether it’ll make ME truly happy.
12. Did I mention I have a butt now?
13. Self-love comes from within, the rest is all gravy.